If you're a fan an NBA team that was purposely tanking this season, or just happened to suck and missed out on the playfs, tonight is one the night's you've probably been looking forward to since the 82-game regular season came to an end. We're talking course about the annual NBA Draft Lottery.
The lottery will be held at 7:30pm ET tonight in Chicago and it will determine the order the top 14 picks in the June 21st NBA Draft. Coverage the event can be seen on ESPN and the WatchESPN app.
The Phoenix Suns finished the season with the worst record in the NBA at 21-61 and will therefore have the best odds landing the #1 overall pick at 25%. The Memphis Grizzlies, 22-60, have a 19.9% chance securing the top spot, followed by the Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks, who have a 13.8% and 13.7% chance, respectively.
Other Notes: If the Lakers' pick is #1 or 6-14, the Sixers hold on to it. However, if it falls between #2-5, the Celtics will get it. Similarly, if the Pistons' pick falls inside the Top-4 (2.5% chance) they'll keep it. Otherwise, it will go to the Clippers as part the Blake Griffin trade.
Check out the full odds for all 14 lottery teams, including their chances landing the top spot or cracking the Top-3.
1) Phoenix Suns: #1 Pick (25%) / Top-3 Pick (64.2%)
2) Memphis Grizzlies: #1 Pick (19.9%) / Top-3 Pick (55.8%)
3) Dallas Mavericks: #1 Pick (13.8%) / Top-3 Pick (42.6%)
4) Atlanta Hawks: #1 Pick (13.7%) / Top-3 Pick (42.3%)
5) Orlando Magic: #1 Pick (8.8%) / Top-3 Pick (29.1%)
6) Chicago Bulls: #1 Pick (5.3%) / Top-3 Pick (18.3%)
7) Sacramento Kings: #1 Pick (5.3%) / Top-3 Pick (18.3%)
8) Cleveland Cavs ( BK): #1 Pick (2.8%) / Top-3 Pick (9.9%)
9) New York Knicks: #1 Pick (1.7%) / Top-3 Pick (6.1%)
10) Philadelphia 76ers ( LAL): #1 Pick (1.1%) / Top-3 Pick (4.0%)
11) Charlotte Hornets: #1 Pick (.8%) / Top-3 Pick (2.9%)
12) LA Clippers ( DET): #1 Pick (.7%) / Top-3 Pick (2.5%)
13) LA Clippers: #1 Pick (.6%) / Top-3 Pick (2.2%)
14) Denver Nuggets: #1 Pick (.5%) / Top-3 Pick (1.8%)